 Space / 36407
Re: "new" stuff for the Galactic Inqusition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nick Kappatos wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Ok, so if you were at Brickfest, neither of these is new. What we have here are a medium assault mech and an attack fighter for the Galactic Inqusition. Each of these took about a day to build, and got put together just before Brickfest, to make the Inquisition into a theme, rather than just a ship.

Oh, and I’m doin the whole MOCpages thing now.

Paladin Mech Rapier Figher

“The Inquisiiiiiiition, what a show, the Inquisiiiiiiiiiiiiition, c’mon let’s go....”

Like everyone else, I like the Rapier a lot. In fact, I disobeyed your MOC card and whooshed the thing around at BF04. Bwahahahaaaaa!

HOW DARE YOU!!! I guess that explains why it smelled so bad when I was packing it up to take home. Seriously though, I thought I put “please handle with care” rather than “don’t touch” on that one, because it’s pretty tough.

   Unlike everyone else, I like the Paladin - the legs are cool, the head looks great with the choice of faceplate, the torso is cool, the gun is *really* cool... I don’t like the arms, but I find arms to be hard to create. If there’s anything visually jarring, it’s the relative proportion of the body parts to one another; that’s a mighty big noggin for limbs of that size.

Why thank you Nik. I concur that most of the mech is good, but there are proportion issues. Also, I think that the arms suck, but I just sort of threw em on there to get it done for the fest.

One thing that’s been bugging me - I think you have the red/green nipple lights on the Paladin backwards, same as the lights on the Paladin. I could’ve sworn that green goes on the right, as right-of-way goes to vehicles on the right/starboard side. Unless the GI don’t roll that way.

Ok, listen stupid. First, I am glad that the lights on the Paladin are the same as the lights on the Paladin, because that is the same MOC. Are you listening Nick? Nick, I work in the Chief Counsel of the FAA’s office. I enforce FAA regulations, Nick, these include regulations about where the lights should be and so forth, Nick. And no, Nick, I did not bother to find out which color should be on which side, Nick, I just made an arbitray decision, Nick. So no, Nik, the Galactic Inquisition does not “roll that way,” Nick.

Thanks for all your comments dude, hope to catch you at a WAMALUG meeting if there’s one during my winter break.

-Dan Rubin
   -nk