 Space / 36377
Re: "new" stuff for the Galactic Inqusition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:58:31 GMT

First off, these are some great little guys you’ve got there Dan.

I’ll start with my favorite, the Rapier. This fighter has a very GDI Orca-esque from Westwood’s Command and Conquer series. However, the Rapier has managed to distinguish itself from the Orca quite well. I love the guns, nothing like 8 barrel-fulls of molten lead to tear someone apart. However, I have some questions. Are the tail-mounted rotating sections with the landing gear mounted on them also engines? Are the 2 2x2x2 gray barrels on the bottom also engines? If so, does this thing have a total of 6 engines? Apparently the Inquisition has a need for speed. I don’t know if it would be possible but if you could maybe add a similar wing effect to the Rapier’s primary engines as the Sword of Michael it would look even cooler, in my opinion. Overall a very impressive MOC. The Inquisition will definately bring the Light as well as an overwhelming feeling of terror at the sight of these bad boys.

On a side note, I love vehicles with Vectored Thrust engines as the primary means of navigation. I have 2 MOCs that I hope to be releasing soon that feature vectored thrust engines.

Now the Paladin. The Paladin has the whole Armored Knight thing going for it but it lacks any religious symbols. I’ve never seen a Paladin without some sort of crucifix somewhere. Beyond that little nitpick, this MOC is very well made. However, I wonder if you could possibly bring in the chest a bit as it gives the Paladin an “I’ve been to many victory feasts look.” Maybe you could lengthen or bulk up the legs to bring it more in proportion with the slightly larger torso. As with the Rapier, I do like the gun. I wish I had some of those 8-holed gears to work with but sadly I am financially constrained and piece constrained. Something else that I thought might add to the MOC is something from the movie Equilibrium. In it, the clergy had helmets that opened into Capital T’s that would look perfect on your Paladin’s head.

Once again, these are some great MOCs. I enjoy the new Galactic Inquisition subtheme and all the MOCs you’ve made within it.

\//,DedmanWalkin Erik Schroer