 Space / 36363
Re: A little introduction and two MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:16:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Larsson wrote:
I've been lurking around lugnet (and especially .space) for quite some time now,
and I think I better delurk and introduce myself.
My name is Joel Larsson, and I live in Sweden. I have the curious and absurd
obsession I assume you are all pretty familiar with, the LEGO obsession..
I came out of my dark age about a year ago, and has been building a lot since.
Now, finally, I have built something that I can post without being too ashamed.
(except the photos, I am really no good at taking pictures)

And the MOCs?
Here they come..
Siberia http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=99613
and
The Endeavour http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=99614

The first is some kind of transport from well before PCS era, and the latter is
something microfig-scale pirate-esque without no further explanations..

Comments and critizism is most welcome.

//Joel Larsson

You've put together some solid models.  I have to say how much I like the first
one in paticular.  The SNOT is very good, no, cut that, it boggles the mind.
It's hard to work out where one angle stops and another starts.  The slopes
blend in in a truly legendary way.  The greebles are interesting.  The bit I
like is the vent made of chairs.  Ingenius.

I can't say I like the second one so much.  It seems to cross the thin line
between laden with cool greebles and slapped together look.  One thing I like is
how you use a different colour plate behind a those grate tiles.  Very
effective.