 Space / 35578
Re: Eolus-Series Business Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:33:47 GMT

   1) Could you try to redirect some of the lighting in your renderings? Right now, some of the pics are a bit dark and some are a bit too bright.

A result of my inexperience with Pov-Ray, I’m afraid. I’ll see what I can do with the Pov light sources in Ldraw.

   2) Although I like the clean surface of this spacecraft, I do think it could use more “detailing” on the outside. Perhaps you could put some vernier thrusters on the front, or some sensors.

What do vernier thrusters look like? Are they the little ones on the nose of the shuttle? I couldn’t find any pics. Originally I did have two thruster grilles on each side of the nose, but I didn’t like the fact that you could see thru them into the cockpit. The poor people inside would’ve had a hard time breathing... If you look closely, there’s two nameplates on each side where they would’ve been. I might go back and make those blue. There’s also a small comms dome on top using a racer piece, but that may hove gotten lost in the lighting problems. I tried to avoid too much exterior detailing to make it look more like a Lear or such. All smooth and shiny.

   3) I would love to see the interior of this ship, and you even say it has toilets, cabinets, etc. Don’t hide the goods my friend! :-)

Here’s looking towards the back of the ship, with a small table in the foreground: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Space/Eolus/eolusspecial3.png

And towards the front, with the bathroom door in the foreground, then the false cabinets, and finally the cockpit area in the background: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Space/Eolus/eolusspecial1.png

This is looking down on the toilet, I could only simulate the general shape of things, unfortunately: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Space/Eolus/eolusspecial4.png

I also made a quick render of the ship with it’s ramp and gear down: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sastrei/Space/Eolus/eolusspecial.jpg

   On the whole, nice job Stefan.

Thanks!

   Mladen Pejic

Cool crab mech! I like the toes, might make interesting landing gear.

-Stefan-