 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2286
Re: Eolus-Series Business Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:46:13 GMT

   Yeah, the FSAA only works on some video cards. Since he said 6X, we now all know he has an ATI video card ;-). (ATI is the only manufacture I know of that supports 6X FSAA.)

I have an ATI card as well, it’s just a 9000. I play Halo on it though, the poor thing...

   You can get a similar effect to 4X FSAA by simply saving your snapshot at double size, and then shrinking it back to the desired size in an image editing program that has high-quality scaling support. You’ll want to set the line width for the edge lines to 2 if you do this, though. You’ll also want to be using the latest LDView (2.1.01), because it supports snapshots up to 9999x9999 on any video card. Previous versions had video-card-dependend maxes. On many video cards it was limited to the LDView window resolution.

Wow, resolutions that high just aren’t right! :^) I’ll have to experiment with that.

   Nice model, by the way. I agree Allister’s comment that smooth looks cool.

Thanks for the compliments!

   It’s always nice to see people using my program to create cool images.

Your program is awesome! One thought/question/random idea though - is there any way to interface it with POV to arrange a model in Ldview and then export the camera coordinates to POV-Ray?

-Stefan-