 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2282
Re: Eolus-Series Business Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:14:50 GMT

   I perfectly understand; getting renderings to come out right is tricky.

You know what might be a nice stop-gap measure for you? LDview, which allows you to take .PNG pics of your model at any angle, with adequate lighting.

Here’s a test I did.

Here are the settings for Preferences to get that look:

General --> FSAA 6X, Antialiased lines (checkmark)

Geometry --> Edge lines (checkmark), High quality (checkmark)

Effect --> Lighting (checkmark), Sort (checkmark), Smooth curves (checkmark)

Primitives --> Primitive substitution (checkmark), Texture studs (checkmark), Trilinear filtering (checkmark), Use high-res primitives when available (checkmark)

Actually what I did for the interior photos. I can’t punch my FSAA up like you can, but I did set the other stuff to what you recommended.

snippage

Yes, they are small maneuvering thrusters. I can understand you wanting a smooth outer appearance, like a Learjet. :-)

I’ll have to find a way to work them in.

   3) I would love to see the interior of this ship, and you even say it has toilets, cabinets, etc. Don’t hide the goods my friend! :-)

snippage

Now those are interesting! I like the interior a lot. Good work. And you even included a toilet... sniff you actually care for those people’s bowels.

Yeah, touching, isn’t it? :^)

Thanks for the compliments!

-Stefan-