 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2284
Re: Eolus-Series Business Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:52:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   I perfectly understand; getting renderings to come out right is tricky.

You know what might be a nice stop-gap measure for you? LDview, which allows you to take .PNG pics of your model at any angle, with adequate lighting.

Here’s a test I did.

Nice image. It looks like you also have Geometry->Seam Width checked (although it’s hard to tell for sure). I think that when edge lines are turned on, Seam Width tends to just lead to extra noise in the image. On a side note, the Subdued lighting check can also look good when edge lines are turned on (IMHO).

I do have question, though. Did you have an older version of part 464 when you took that shot? The reason I ask is because the curve smoothing doesn’t appear to be happening on it, and it works on the version I have. (464 is the 1x6 with a curved top.) On a technical note, LDView’s curve smoothing relies on the Type 5 lines in between facets of a curved surface, so if an older version of that part didn’t have them, LDView wouldn’t smooth.

--Travis Cobbs