 Space / 34946
Re: Iron Reich Shuttle: U-25 "Golden Shower"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:09:01 GMT

   So, uh, where are the hidden lasers? Awesome job with the cramped ww2 sub styled interior. I think this could maybe use an engine room, though.

It does have an engine room, altho you can’t see it. There is space for it, but not detailed interior. The U-25, like the Zhukov, has a extremely radioactive power source such that humans can’t be around it unless it is powered down and cleansed. Because of this the door leading to the engine room is semi-permanently bolted shut, and there is a longish corridor (the fuselage) seperating crew area and engine room.

   I also think it would be really cool if this thing could ram a larger enemey ship, and then open the nose up, and spill out troops.

Yeah that would be cool.

The U-25 does have ramming capabilities - the nose section is filled with some super-massive materials making it a pretty fearsome weapon. That is, if the enemy is stupid enough to actually let themselves be rammed.

   Which reminds me, if it’s an assault shuttle, shouldn’t it have some sort of passenger space?

“Assault” in the sense that the Shuttle attacks other shuttles, not necessarily that it boards enemy craft or lands troops anywhere. The ‘Assault Shuttle’ genre is classified as being longer than the typical shuttle (typical = 50 stud range; assault shuttle = 75-100 studs) - they’re leaner and meaner than a full SHIP (small crew, no luxuries).

So far I’ve built assault shuttles for different subthemes, Iron Reich and Eastern Block, but also Jade Empire (Kushinata) and I count my Floating Heads Ophelia ship in the same genre even tho it isn’t an attack vessel.

   You know, to be able to shuttle people? Anyways, I like the shape alot, quite cool.

“Shuttle” only means to move from place to place, usually in a regular pattern. These craft patrol certain areas, therefore they qualify. But I use “shuttle” as a generic term for something smaller than a full SHIP.

-Lenny