 Space / 33037
Re: The Oakland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:14:31 GMT

Kenn,

Welcome back! And what a treat you’ve bestowed on us! I really like the Oakland. I checked out the pictures yesterday afternoon and was impressed with the various “radical” parts usage -- the traditional cannon bases, the stair, etc -- and the overall form is unique. I too would like to see this in person because the pictures don’t do it justice. Plus the sheer mass of the thing is impressive. What I might suggest is following some advice of JHK (Thanks John! ;-) that I found recently (plus Bram is very knowledgable). I did what John suggested in this post and I was quite satisfied with the results: http://news.lugnet.com/publish/photography/?n=269 (Now i just need to do that to the rest of the completed models about the house.) Also, this effect works well and might provide you with some cool undertones ala the lightning picture: http://news.lugnet.com/publish/photography/?n=265 Alrighty, hope to see more details soon. Take care and build well.

Thanks for the comments, and especially for the photography advice. I was about to ask for some in replying to another comment, and here it is. I’ll either try some new stuff with this model, or for whatever I finish next.

Kenn