 Space / 32998
Re: The Oakland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:28:09 GMT

Wow!

Welcome back! (If that means anything from someone who's still new here since
your last posts.)

I always like the re-purposing of pieces for spacy ends. This is a stroke of
brilliance. It would be if all we saw was the cannon-base engine-flaps.
Brilliant. There, I said it again. The asymmetry, the clusters of weaponry (and
I'm a pacifist), the starturbine, the greebling, the sheer massiveness, all
worthy of praise. Alas, there's no time... Please assume a paragraph on each
one...

I really like the extra dose of gritty (rainy?) reality in the first two pics.
Somehow that just sums it up.

Another thing that strikes me is that it's just a couple of booms and a tailwing
short of being a P-38 entry. But, don't go by me; I see things a little
differently...

Peace and hulls,

Professor Whateverly