 Space / 33038
Re: The Oakland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:17:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=80007

It's been a long, long time since I posted anything.  Maybe this will get me
back into it.  Comments and advice are welcome.  Thanks.

Welcome back Kenn.

The Oakland is a real treat.  Very innovative use of boat hulls (altho first
time I've seen them in a similiar use was Jim Foulds's spider mecha) - but what
amazes me more is seeing them in such a large MOC.  Generally innovative
technique are tried out with something small and then gradually used in larger
MOCs - but you went right for the gold.

The Oakland from far away looks great, but I dont know if it is the dark colors
and dark photography, but the closer-up shots get kinda missed.  I cant really
make out interiors, etc, except that they are there.  WHat I would love is to
see this baby in real-life and that would give me a better prespective.

Glad you like it.  I'll have to look for that mecha, too.  As a couple of you
have commented, and I agree, the interiors and fine details are the weak point,
while at the same time I think they are better than they appear in the photos.
I was about to ask for photography advice when I saw Andrew Saada chimed in with
some, but if anyone has more, I'd be interested in hearing about it.  Thanks
again.

Kenn