 Space / 33055
Re: The Oakland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:40:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kenn Oldham wrote:
Fleet News 100.125.993

New Mars Naval Yards -

The venerable G.S.S. Oakland, a Richmond-class destroyer, was recommisioned
today for duty in the Lendron Rim under the command of Capt. Pawl Ramus.
Further details of this mission are classified...

Wow.  That's an impressive ship.  What I really like is how you made such a
unique shape without it looking too weird.  The boat hulls don't look forced or
contrived-they just fit.  The brown modules work well on black, and its nice to
see a wing shape used that looks like it belongs in .space.

That thing certainly is loaded with firepower!  Wow.  Don't think I've seen that
many turrents and lasers for a while.

Nice job.  Only complaint is that some of the photos are dark and a little hard
to make out.

-JHK