 Space / 33026
Re: The Oakland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:27:06 GMT

Folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=80007

It's been a long, long time since I posted anything.  Maybe this will get me
back into it.  Comments and advice are welcome.  Thanks.

Welcome back Kenn.

The Oakland is a real treat.  Very innovative use of boat hulls (altho first
time I've seen them in a similiar use was Jim Foulds's spider mecha) - but what
amazes me more is seeing them in such a large MOC.  Generally innovative
technique are tried out with something small and then gradually used in larger
MOCs - but you went right for the gold.

The Oakland from far away looks great, but I dont know if it is the dark colors
and dark photography, but the closer-up shots get kinda missed.  I cant really
make out interiors, etc, except that they are there.  WHat I would love is to
see this baby in real-life and that would give me a better prespective.

Some MOCs are better seen than photographed, and some are better photo'd than
seen.

But either way, this is definately a cool MOC, and I totally want to see more!

-Lenyu