 Publishing / Photography / 265
264  |  266
Subject:
More lighting ideas...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:17:30 GMT

Hello, all. I’ve been away from the LUGNET and the camera recently, but now I have it back I’ve been experimenting with yet more lighting. I’ve found a very useful lighting technique: lighting from beneath. It can help make pics like this:

Now, this type of background isn’t always preferable or even suitable, but it just shure darn looks cool.

What you do is you use a semi-transparent white backdrop, put it over a glass table, at put your lights beneath the table so it shines up through the paper and also shines down from above. Use paper to diffuse the light.

Whaddaya think?

-JHK