 Space / 32436
Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:57:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Wayne McCaul wrote:
snip

Just adding another Me Too.

This was so stunning that I spent the last couple of days thinking about it to
the point I dug out the movie and watched it again. I thought I'd point out that
they do, in fact, refer to it as Discovery I at the very least in the TV
interview that they watch near the beginning of the segment (I think they do it
again, but I'm not 100% certain). That would be in keeping with spaceflight of
the day where every craft had a name and number.

So you're not wrong (even though I see you've already renamed it).

Cool, thanks for the additional info! I guess in the end it's more a matter of
preference as it is commonly referred to with and without the 'I'.

Fantastic work!

Now build the Leonov... ;)

I've actually prototyped a bit of it.  My biggest concern unfortunately is that
I was thinking of building it in dark gray.  With the whole colour business
going on it means if a certain peice doesn't exist yet in dark gray then it
never will.  At least when I started building the Discovery it was a reasonable
bet that the 6x6 and 3x3 radar dishes would eventually be released in gray - and
luckily for me it happened before the colour change.

-Evil Wayne