 Space / 32354
Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:47:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann wrote:
   Introducing the ... Discovery I ...

OK, now that I think about it, I don’t think the ship in 2001 carried the Roman numeral I. I may be mistaken, but hey, it’s the only flaw I can find to pick at... Like I said before, this thing is GREAT (ok, I didn’t say that before).

James Wilson
Dallas, TX

Yeah, to be honest I’m not really sure why I added the I. Various references call it the Discovery, Discovery One or Discovery I. Throughout the novel 2001 it’s simply referred to as the Discovery and the second ship is referred to as the Discovery II. So, I agree. I’ll make the change shortly.