 Space / 32395
Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 06:45:45 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann wrote:
   Introducing the Discovery I...

Wow! That’s aMAZing.

Let me add to the chorus of accolades, very nice model.

My questions are these:
  1. I’m not clear on how the centrifuge is arranged (I never figured it out in the movie either...), is it in the vertical plane while the pod deck is in the horizontal plane?

  2. I assume this is built in the old grey? How many years would it take to accumulate enough new grey parts to build this beaut? (that’s a rhetorical)
Spotlighted, and thanks for sharing! I hope to see this at the next BrickFest too (maybe Bob H will bring his ringed space station... the Discovery was never in the same scene as the ringed station and Pan Am shuttle from the opening sequence, but it would be cool to see them together anyway!)

++Lar