 Space / 32470
Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:17:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason Allemann wrote:

That’s a great idea. I was toying with the idea of building a custom display case for it but getting an existing one would be much easier. Your ‘long narrow shelf up high on the wall’ comment triggered another possibility that I should have thought of long ago. Ikea has those floating shelves that are 190cm long. They are a perfect size! I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before. Thanks!

I had meant that it would be worth displaying publicly somewhere like at a library(1), but yes a case would be good to keep the dust and cobwebs off. It’s amazing how much they add up.

Peace and public display,

Professor Whateverly

(1) Think of the fame and adulation, not to mention the chance to answer the question “Where did you get all the gray bricks?” repeatedly....