 Space / 32287
Re: EBKD Zhukov Class Assault Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:24:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Step aside, kiddies, the BLOCK is BACK!

(HACK SLASH BURN PILLAGE SNIP)

Cool. I could name the stuff I like, but everyone else has covered most of that. What I like best about this model is the depth of the design: every weird choice you made makes absolute sense :). I really dig the “clumsy Soviet tech” look, as if the Luna Design Bureau ran out of cash halfway through and had to cut some of those pesky failsafes :).

The only things I don’t like are the fragmented colorscheme and somewhat kludgey join between the living compartment and the neck of the ship. Otherwise, I’m digging the whole thing.

It might also be cool if you suspended a ring from the fins and moved the guns to the outside of the ring.

   Building notes: inspired by Adrian’s secret SHIP project and Soren’s Mephistopheles. I really like the ‘squareness’ of the Meph. which is what I tried to replicate in the bridge section.

(Goes all schoolgirlish) Very happy to be mentioned as an influence... mumble mumble... (blush).

Soren