 Space / 32286
Re: Starship Corridor Study Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson wrote:
In the deepest reaches of the Independent Star Ship "Serenity", the Captain and
a junior officer inspect the cargo hold, where a Marine stands guard.

I built this 'study model' for a couple of reasons - mostly, I was bored and
noticed that most starship corridors I see are all smooth and "nice", and I
wanted to go for a sort of dark, dingy, "don't hit your head on that pipe" feel.

Please LMKWYT, more photos will be up tomorrow, until then, a deep link:

Deep Link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Snay/Corridor-Study/corridor1.jpg

-Jeff

Excellent bulkheads and other details. This is a good way to start an MOC; I
look forward to seeing where you go with it or with the ideas it leads to. I
think that many larger ships get built for the outside and the overall form.
Then there is little spacetime left to detail the interior. Many last minute
ideas can get derailed by the amount of disassembly required to fit them in.

The form you start with can dictate so much of the final product, whether you
start with the inside or with the outside. You might want to try variations with
various SNOT-work for different applications.

Anyway, well done; the mood is very convincing.

Peace and interiors,

Professor Whateverly