 Space / 32120
Re: EBKD Zhukov Class Assault Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

Nice work Lenny. I’m not a fan of the space wheels as nozzles, but the fins and angle plates give the engine a great look. The placement of the guns on the wing pylons plays with my brain, though - I would have preferred them being placed right on the tips, to match lateral symmetry of the rest of the ship!

Hey Paul,

Space wheels as nozzles, I assume you mean the engines? Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of them either, but they fit the general shape and size well. For something this size I want to make sure the engines are big enough. My next ship will feature a new type of engine design that I’ve been trying to develop - the unfortunate thing about it is that it doesnt really conform to anything smaller than a full-size ship.

About the guns, I originally intended for them to be on wing tips, or to have two guns on each wing (eight total) - but couldn’t figure a good way to the guns on the tips and still have them able to move and continue to fit within the general shape of the wings themselves.

My hope was that having the guns on a particular side of each wing would lead to a “rotational” symmetry, as being something the Zhukov would use while engaging in deep-space combat. However, this is something I’ll refer with others, and if i get a general consensus, I may change the design.

Thanks for the feedback and criticism! -Lenny