 Space / 32121
Re: EBKD Zhukov Class Assault Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:39:13 GMT

Good stuff Lenny! I think the design of the bridge is perfect for the EB theme...very angular and emminently ‘practical’...and the permanent frown of the front viewport is sufficiently menacing.

The underside use of SNOT greebling is excellent and has a sense of purpose. The greebs on the neck are great too...not too busy, but enough to break up the form.

Thank you. I’m actually getting tired of doing all the greebling - to a certain degree it is getting boring, and i really like the greebling using just tiles, like alternating between grills and tiles, etc. Also, i’m trying to conserve for my next ship project, which i am realizing i may not have enough detailly bits for.

   The only criticism I would have to offer is the pattern of the stepped slopes on the fins...they are little distracting from the smooth line of the rest of the ship. Perhaps using the large 1x6x6 slopes http://ldraw.org/library/official/images/0/30249.png to get a smooth line? Just my 2 briks...

we’re talking about the main fins right? the problem with the 1x6x6 slopes is that would still have the ‘stepped’ slopes look, just with a wide gap. Also, I dont have enough to do all four wings.

I played with using the 1x6x6 slopes for the back fins on the engine area, but liked the slicker look of the 1x3 33 slopes.

I just chok it up to error of medium, as in, thats just how the Lego looks.

   Veddy nice build, comrade.

Thanky very much!

-Lenny