 Space / 32166
Re: P-38 Entry: C--38 Cylon Lightning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:31:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Hi there Ryan,

That’s a fine ship you have here!

First of all the pics you present in your building notes really help understanding your work, a nice plus IMO! I wish we could see more often this kind of post. Good idea you have to take pictures along the construction.

The overall shape of the ship really makes it a Cyclon afiliate. Maybe no that much P38-ish then.

Beautifull work on the back of the cockpit :

What do you call g-snot?

Cheers,

JP.

Thanks, JP. I’m glad you enjoyed the construction pics. I’ve been trying to do that my last few mocs so I can share with people how a model can evolve from start to finish. This is my best-documented model so far.

It was indeed a challenge to balance the Cylon Raider design with the shape of the P-38. I think I did the best I could, and wouldn’t have aimed any lower than that.

G-Snot is hard to describe without a picture. I know someone on brickshelf has a picture of the pieces involved, but I cant seem to find it. This one is the best I have at the moment. It involves one of these shoved into the bottom of a 1x2 (or in my case, 4) brick.

As far as I can tell, Gary McIntire (sp?) created the technique, and therefore it’s named after him.

Again, thanks!

--Ryan W.