 Space / 32169
Re: P-38 Entry: C--38 Cylon Lightning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:40:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
   Obviously good advice combined with da skillz to make this come together so well. I could see the danger of this being the split tail on the back looking ‘tacked on’, but with blending both the slopes and wing elements together, you’ve created excelllent flow into the rear section.

Using the cylinders in the wings looks great as well....give the surface area some nice landscaping. The cannons are really well done as well.

Great stuff man....simply titillating.

‘*ahem*’

-G

Titillating indeed. Heh.

Your comments about the tail section makes me admire you even more. I worked really hard to find the right balance of shape, detail, size, and color for the tail section, and it actually makes me feel really proud for you to have noticed that. I felt that color in the tail section would detract/distract from the cockpit, so I left it light grey, and I had to make sure I didnt make the tail wings too large or too small. I also had to make them work with the smoothness of the rest of the ship.

Glad you like the cannons! I had fun on those. Much better than the Star Wars shooters I used to use. Credit to a couple of you great AFOL builders for persuading me to kick that habit.

Thanks again, Gil! :)

--Ryan W.