 Space / 32208
Re: P-38 Entry: C--38 Cylon Lightning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:29:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   Hey Ryan,

That is one excellent, solid design. A weekend well spent, for sure. I find the colour scheme refreshing. I think the strong point of the design for me, is the way the forms intersect. You have the large oval of the wings intersected by the oval of the void of the split tail. Then there’s the hint of an oval (reinforced by the dark blue) in the cockpit section perpendicular to the wing oval, which intersects the void. Then you have the engine shapes intersecting the wings, which I think is a great use of those cylinders (part of the whole, rather than tacked on.) The tail wing hints at a slice off of a further oval, and is also echoed by the dark blue across the front.

All in all, it captures that ‘moving too fast while sitting still’ quality that few can achieve. I’m talking ‘scary-good’ here. Now go get some sleep young man.

Peace and intersection,

Professor Whateverly

Ley, thanks man. Like Gil’s words, your observations make me proud to be part of a community that pays attention to such design details.

I’m really happy this moc is being received so well by all of you guys, I was afraid that fans of BG would butcher me for not getting this, that, and every detail correct. A part of me knew better than that, but I still thought it might happen.

What’s really going to be scary is if I can get a second good model completed by the deadline!

--Ryan W.