 Space / 27962
Re: More Module Shapes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:44:02 GMT

"Lenny Hoffman" <lahoffma@*NOSPAM*mailer.fsu.edu> wrote in message
news:HKyLp3.1HJ3@lugnet.com...
And with this last, of course you can always build an 96x96 L shaped
module, and bring a standard 48x48 optional module to make it conform to
the rectangular requirement. Then, if it works in without your optional
module and looks cool, then cool! Otherwise, you occupy a 96x96
footprint. Cool!

Forgive me if I'm wrong about this - but this is exactly what Adrian did • at
Brickfest03.  His Rigel 7 moonbase fit well with the aesthetics of his • Tycho
Brahe (sp) Hotel, and all formed to make a super cool 96 x 96 moonbase.

However, the Rigel 7 by itself was a L-shaped 96x96 module.

I dont' see the problem with "tetris" moonbases because:

1. They are so few, the majority of moonbases will always be "small" 48x48 • ones.
2. As long as connecting points are always available (at the four stud • midpoint
of the 48 baseplate) to attach single moonbases.
3. Tetris moonbases can allow for a more interesting shape of the moonbase • as a
whole, instead of the more grid-like collection of single modules.  For • example,
Adrian's Rigel 7 had a more fluid movement between the three parts.  If • there
were three or four larger, tetris modules (given that they all still • connection
in the normal, correct way) would have larger areas of the moonbase with • this
fluidic, or at least non square, fashion.

-lenny

Some interesting thoughts guys.  I like Frank's idea about bringing some
extra baseplates if you make a weird shape.  This is something to think on.
--
[  j o n ]
http://zemi.net