 Space / 27912
Re: More Module Shapes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:07:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
We should have probably addressed this a while ago. Think we should go ahead
and open up modules to being rectangular or bigger than 96x96?

New sizes could be:

48x96
144x144

Like that.  I think as long as they stayed square or rectangular and sides
were always a multiple of 48 this would be fine.

What do you think?

As long as it's a multiple of 48, anything goes IMO.  How is building a 48x96
module different than showing up with 2 modules that you insist on keeping
connected?

The only objection i can think of is the possible lack of the paths between
modules if all the modules end up being huge rectangles.  Maybe require the
"road" clearances remain in place so huge detours arent necessary for those poor
short-legged spacemen  :)