 Space / 27904
Re: More Module Shapes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 03:16:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message
news:HKruC9.2C1@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:

Uh... As long as the edges of the module are at least four studs from the edge
of the plate and the corridors line up what difference does the shape make? What
about a 3 plate 'L' shaped module for example?

-Mike Petrucelli

I think that opens up an entirely new can of worms.
You expand to L shapes and then all sorts of tetris modules will start to
appear.  This is what I think.

Hmmm... Actually now that I think about it your right.

You build us a cool L-shaped module (or a
module period, for that matter ;-) and then maybe we'll talk about it.

Yeah I probably get the award for most annoyingly vocal person who hasn't
actually built a module yet. :-) As soon as my NLSO and I move into our new
house at the end of October I am going to start building like crazy. I have had
a year to plan the quasi-moonbase module I am to build. It is going to be one
large compound module, not a bunch of smaller ones.[1] So that is why I
definately want to know the accepted standards before I build the thing. (keep
it rectangular, check)

-Mike Petrucelli

[1] well now obviously I would have to make it in single baseplate "chunks" so
that it could be moved.