 Space / 27415
Re: New Moc: The Firebird
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:00:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden wrote:
   JHK you are the greatest, dude! The exterior is absolutely superb, and as others have noted, the grilles in the engines are perfect. The interior is great - as I have said before you can’t beat a tiled floor! Your greebs are great but I fount that the port-forward interior greebs were a bit ‘functionless’ - they didn’t seem to flow with the aesthetic of the rest of the ship (unless that was what you were going for).

Yeah... well, I just thought I needed to put a powerplant-thing somewhere, so I just put a few things there. And I was planning to put in a bit int he description about Pete’s old car radiater, which you can see on the front-port interior, but I forget.

   Also, the copious use of 1x1 clip tiles on the exterior seemed a bit too much - was it because of a complete shortage of 1x1 lt grey tiles?

Exactly. :) I belive I had exactly one available for this project.

   And as a last nitpick, the canopy seemed a bit on the black side. Maybe it’s just that I’m not used to opaque canopies, but it didn’t seem to flow with the design.

Its the only canopy of that type I have, I couldn’t figure out any other cockpit to use and still keep the shape. Anyway, I kind of like the idea of a projected canopy.

Anyways great work. You have raised the bar so I hope you can keep producing stuff like this ;)

Keep on building!

Thanks! What are you working on, Zac? I love your stuff.

-JHK