 Space / 26383
Re: MOC: Futuron II - a complete theme!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:50:44 GMT

A tonne of work in here Dave!  A lot of interesting things you done here, • and
all most obviously in the same theme....I imagine your red and white bins • are
nearly empty. :)

It's true that I used almost all my dark red, but I hardly made a dent in
the white.  Check the second picture on my main page to see what I mean!

I quite like the ambulance as far as the vehicles go.  The droid, the
computer/equipment storage behind the pilot, the strecher loader...all are • a
great design with a lot of playablility....hallmarks of a good build IMO.

Thanks!  That one is my favorite as well since it does the most for such a
small model.

The lighting work you've done with the trans elements throughout looks
great...especially with the fig and the gems....great wallpaper material.

Yeah, I'm a total freak for illumination, and add it whenever I can.  I
can't recall when I discovered that trans-antifreeze and trans-orange glow
so powerfully under a blacklight, but I knew that I had to use that in the
theme somewhere.

Although the outlandish colours and traditional designs may not work for • some,
it has a certain nostalgia for me that makes it good.

Outlandish?  Really?  I thought the color scheme was pretty low key.  I was
going for a traditional look since I was trying emulate the kind of stuff
TLG would do.

Nice work!

Many thanks!

Cheers,