 Space / 26386
Re: MOC: Futuron II - a complete theme!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:08:35 GMT

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message
news:HIDpwG.x3A@lugnet.com...
Wow. That is an awesome project. I think the ambulance makes the best use • of the
color scheme.

Thanks Mike!  The ambulance is my favorite too, it's so swooshy!

Really my only dislike is the overall color scheme. Trans-red,
while one of my favorite colors for accents, as windows just clashes • horribly
with the dark red and white in my opinion. Trans-grey, while maybe getting • a
little too close to the Star Wars color scheme, I think would have looked • much
better if it came in the appropirate pieces.

My only problem with using trans-red is that it usually makes your interiors
very dark, which is why I chose white as my base color to add as much
brightness to the insides of the vehicles and builldings.  I like the combo
of trans-red and dark red because they echo each other visually, and because
I wanted to keep the range of colors limited just like in the original.  I
would've definitely considered using trans-black, but there just isn't
enough of it yet to make a whole theme.

Besides usually the minifigs visors
match the main window color. (all except Blacktron 1 and that one spyruis • robot
set)

I thought of that, but I eventually decided on trans-black because I wanted
to have a little variation in the overall trans-colors, and plus they just
look cool!

I don't know maybe I am just too biased given that original Futron is • still
my favorite non-grey color scheme. (with Space Police 1 and Blactron 1 • tied for
an incredibly close second.) But anyways the overall models are just
awesome.

Thanks!

-Mike Petrucelli