 Space / 25281
25280  |  25282
Subject:
blacktron figs, was re:.space is dumb, castle is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:41:16 GMT

   Why is the Blacktron I fig described as “Blacktron 1 explores the galaxy, always ready to help those in need...“? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always saw BT1’s as bad guys. So did the 1988 catalog, if I recall... I know I’ve seen a BT1 holding up the Monorail in one of those catalogs. Anyway, Futuron would make a worthy addition to the hall of fame, but I gotta say--at the rate of one a month, we’re gonna run out of figs soon.

You know, that’s a good point.

I always thought of Blacktron as a anarchist/freedom fighters who didn’t want to live under the oppresive bureaucracy and hypocrisy of Futuron. Yeah, they held up monorails and sometimes blew up a com-base, but it was all in the name of freedom.

That’s why the neo-fascist space police were called in.

but then again, maybe my view is bit distorted. i mean, there IS a reason why i do Eastern Block style creations. ;o)

-Jr.Mar.Hoffman