 Space / 25297
Re: .spacers, UNITE! (was: Re: Castle UNITE!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino wrote:
Why is the Blacktron I fig described as "Blacktron 1 explores the galaxy,
always ready to help those in need..."?  I don't know about the rest of you,
but I always saw BT1's as bad guys.  So did the 1988 catalog, if I recall...
I know I've seen a BT1 holding up the Monorail in one of those catalogs.
Anyway, Futuron would make a worthy addition to the hall of fame, but I
gotta say--at the rate of one a month, we're gonna run out of figs soon.

..This would be because I am not a space connaisseur :-)

I didn't know Blacktron was supposed to be the bad guy.  I admit, while I'm a
huge space fan, I know very little about classic space.

Here's a proposition for you guys:

Try, as a group, to decide what the description of Blacktron 1 should be and
I'll change it, crediting it to the .space newsgroup here on Lugnet.  If you
like the idea, you can also prepare something for Classic Space and even for
Futuron, if that minifig was to win.

You can also send me stories about those figs or other material, I'll try to
incorporate as much stuff as possible in the MHoF.  I was thinking about asking
the community to help me find content on the winners for a while.  Let's just
say you will be my guinea pigs before I ask other themes newsgroup for their
help on other figs. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Terry
http://www.rotule.qc.ca/mhof/