 Space / 25226
  Some old and new MOCs...

Hello, all. I've finally got to posting some new MOCs. Although my new website is still in progress, so I'm starting a new stuff page. (URL) Just click on the directory for each MOC. The biggest one, the white ship, I'm not totally happy with. Maybe (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Dude, GREAT job. Excellent work on the PCSy type Explorer. NICE. Little PCS, Little Trek.. Came out very well! Great interriors. That engine pylon looks a little flimsy, but no biggie at all. The Marzbase is rockin too. and The Timmy... cool (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Wow, thanks, Chris! Actually, the pylon is pretty strong- the pairs of white juniorized bricks that it connects to is the weak point. They attatch to the main body just using a few click hinges. But as along as you don't get violent with it, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Looks great John! I really like the curvature of the white ship. Awesome interiors, as Chris said. The Marsbase really has a neat feel to it - great considering its size. And the "Tim" ship - very nice looking considering the limited number of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) I like its overall look. The only things I would consider changing (and this is my opinion, no more) would be the pylons to the engine nacelles. They currently look a little too weak for the engines. As for the photography, all I ask is for (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Hi John, My favorite is the PCS ship. It looks very natural, I like everything about it. The only thing would suggest would be adding more white and beef up the warp engines. The Mars base is cool too, it makes me want to build some (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) The Explorer is a darn fine ship, although I think the nacelle supports look a bit weak. They also put a star trek feel on a mostly PCS style ship. Seems kind of incongruous. I dig the Timmycraft. It's small, yet detailed. I think it's (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) The shape is good. Nacelles give it a bit of a Trekky look (as that bad?). It think some of the tiles could be something else, though. Greebs, sensor bulges... stickers? *gasp!* ;-) (...) Still came out arbitrarily better than my photos (yes, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Thanks, Kevin! Yeah, I tried alot to stop the Explorer from looking too blocky, but I still am not quite happy with it. Glad you liked the Marsbase, too. It just sort of sprang up one night... (2 URLs) >> (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Hmm, yes, I've considered changing that. But it was hard to find a strong, good-looking solution. The nacelles actually are pretty strong. (...) Yeah, well, MOST of them are. The camera had some problems with some of them inside, because of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Hmm, I sort of liked the color. Anyway, I don't have any more white right now, so I'm kinda stuck. :) I've been thinking about overhauling the engines... it seems to be everyone's biggest gripe, and I guess they could be better. (...) Wings??? (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Mmm, those dang nacelles... I'll get on to them soon, I promise! It seemed that Giddens liked it, and I guess he's the expert... I didn't really intend for it to be a PCS, it just happened that that cockpit worked and the color I had most was (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Mmm, I tried to sort of keep it clean with the tiles, although I guess I could put something there. (...) All they needed was just an auto levels to get the white balance white. (...) It has a landing pad, visablie right down the middle here: (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Great models, John. Microscale often leaves much to be desired, but I think it lends itself to architecture. The mars base is fantastic—easily my favorite. It reminds me of an architect's mock-up. Like Joe said, what a neat way to "sketch" a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Don't know if I'll catch you or not John, but a nice way to check out for a little bit! Excellent stuff. The explorer is a real feat. You've totally sleeked out the line of it with the long slope, tile, SNOT combos. I really like the aft of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

Again, helping Aaron out. Admiral Giddens <>< John, As the default head of Mars colonization by .space, it is my honor and duty to salute your excellent marsbase. Although your chosen scale is small, your attention to architectural and natural (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) This is my favourite of the group. There's not very much wrong with this that I can see. You've got just the right mix of smooth vs greebling to my eye. I like the open interior. Lot's of techy looking stuff scattered about, and a neat little (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) what is the gray center piece in this pic? it looks cool sandwiched between those white pieces. (URL) meanwhile, the white ship is ok, but the mars base is truly amazing when i put my (URL) Micropolis> up on (URL) Et In Arcadia Lego>, I'll (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Yeah, thanks! Microfig lets me do alot that I wouldn't be able to do at all in real life. Just don't expect the full-sized version. :) (2 URLs) >> (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Thanks! Well, I gues you could say you got me... sorta (...) I really liked the back of the ship, too. It was one of those inspired moments. I probably like it the most out of the whole ship. (...) Yeah... I thought of doing that, but I sort (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Thanks for being the medium here, Chris. (...) Thank you, sir ColoMars. I'm glad you recognized the mined hill- I was afraid nobody would figure it out. (...) It wasn't that much... I just had the idea for a little mining job in a hill and (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Yeah, I've always liked the buggy. I had intended for the back to be a vehicle bay, but the narrow airlock and small size made me turn it into an engine-room/living quarters. (...) HEY! That's patented Airy-O-Sleep, young man! :) (...) As I (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Some old and new MOCs...

(...) Its a TECHNIC piston... I completely stole the idea from one of Travis Kunce's excellent MOCs, although he used it in a slightly different possition. (...) Wow, I'm flattered! Thanks Paul. I'll get that white ship up to better then ok... don't (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)