 Space / 25256
Re: Some old and new MOCs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:16:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joe Meno wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   Hello, all. I’ve finally got to posting some new MOCs. Although my new website is still in progress, so I’m starting a new stuff page.

http://creations.jhkruer.com/stuff/

Just click on the directory for each MOC.

The biggest one, the white ship, I’m not totally happy with. Maybe its up for a redesign? Plus, it began raining, so I had to use artificial light. Thus the ugly gray tinge to everything in that MOC. Sorry.

I like its overall look. The only things I would consider changing (and this is my opinion, no more) would be the pylons to the engine nacelles. They currently look a little too weak for the engines.

Hmm, yes, I’ve considered changing that. But it was hard to find a strong, good-looking solution. The nacelles actually are pretty strong.

As for the photography, all I ask is for them to be in focus:)

Yeah, well, MOST of them are. The camera had some problems with some of them inside, because of the low light levels. A fair amount of post-proccesing was done on the Explorer pictures, altough if you put bad pictures in, you get bad pictures out...

PLMKWYT! And don’t be afraid to criticize.

I like the Marsbase, tho I was expecting minifig scale:) I might start playing around with micrscale more...it’s a good way to ‘sketch’ a project.

Thanks! I’ve always wanted to make a sort of moonbase, but I just didn’t have the bricks to even build one moderately-sized module. So I turned to micro fig scale...

And the Timskimmer, my wiseacre answer is to make a body for the ship!! The T-skimmer looks like a mecha head to a Dexter’s Lab robot, which just might be appropriate for Timmy:) Pretty darn cool on its own too.

Ahh, yeah, thanks. Timmy needs a head, doesn’t he...

Joe Meno

I’m gonna be leaving for a music camp this Friday, so try to answer ASAP. Otherwise, I won’t be able to reply to your feedback. I don’t know if I can access email correctly there. I won’t get back for a month, so I’m going to miss you guys. :(

Have fun at camp!

Hope I will... its so hard playing the violin, you know, especially at a tough camp like the one I’m going to.

-JHK