 Space / 19349
Re: New MOC: NCF-Starphyther
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:45:20 GMT

Looking good Mark!  Ever since the M-tron 6923 Particle Ionizer, I've always
liked the concept of the futuristic helicopter...a design this seems to be
in that category.

The angles of the tail section break up the main beam of the ship nicely,
avoiding the 'flying stick' look.

One question...is the canopy hinged in any way?  Those canopies are great
for shape, but I always have difficulty hinging them in a way that is not
obtrusive.  It almost looks as if there might be a possibility of the whole
nose folding forward, raising the canopy at the same time.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.space, Mark Nelson writes:
Greetings to one and all.

Inspired by the current "Feedback" discussion, I bring to you one of my
latest models -- sadly, due to my inability to model hoses and my inability
to find the wheel rims, those parts of the model are removed. The hose would
have been on the nose of the model, and it's easy to tell where the tire
rims would have been.

Without futher delay:
http://www.ozbricks.com/speedy/starphyther.jpg

That's currently the only shot I have of it. If you'd like to see any
special one, just ask!

The Starphyther -- part of the New Carona Fleet, formed after the
destruction of the Administration and Drislogan and the disappearance of the
Berinacie -- carries no weaponry. Instead it has 2 weapons hardpoints and 1
sensor hardpoint, the weaponry hardpoints being directly above the two
stabilization wings. The sensor hardpoint is located in the nose, and can
take any variety of sensory add-ons.

Please let me know what you think! And in response to somebody who said they
looked down on CAD Lego, well, I built this one in real life before building
it in CAD! Get me a decent digicam and I'll get you real pictures! ;)

Enjoy,
--
Mark Nelson
LCC Command: http://www.ozbricks.com/speedy/lcccommand/