 Space / 19365
Re: New MOC: NCF-Starphyther
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:53:44 GMT

Hi there, Gil!

"Futuristic helicopters", or as I call them, "AtkCrafts", have always been
some of my favorites. I based this model on my never-released Berinacie
AtkCraft.

Hahahahahahaha!! Flying stick! Very nice. Yep, it did that job quite nicely,
and my brother got lots of laughs by flipping it all the way down and
calling it a dolphin!

As for if the canopy's hinged, I'm afraid I have to answer "no". HOWEVER!
Your idea with the whole nose section flipping forward's a new one to me,
and I already think I can figure out how to do it! I'll do my best to add
both that and a cockpit-modularity. That way there's another hardpoint! The
cockpit one. Need a gunner? No problem. Just take off the normal one install
the 2 person cockpit.

Thanks for the compliments,
--
Mark Nelson
LCC Command: http://www.ozbricks.com/speedy/lcccommand/

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Looking good Mark!  Ever since the M-tron 6923 Particle Ionizer, I've always
liked the concept of the futuristic helicopter...a design this seems to be
in that category.

The angles of the tail section break up the main beam of the ship nicely,
avoiding the 'flying stick' look.

One question...is the canopy hinged in any way?  Those canopies are great
for shape, but I always have difficulty hinging them in a way that is not
obtrusive.  It almost looks as if there might be a possibility of the whole
nose folding forward, raising the canopy at the same time.

Cheers,
-Gil