 Space / 1589
Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:28:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Unfortunately, this one is just SAD. NASA allowed their name to be spread
all over it, but the ignorance in the face of basic physics was
pathetic. I can't believe NASA let them do this... they must be pretty hard
up for the cash.

~Mark

Not to mention Yamaha and Pennzoil. Did you happen to notice how prominently
displayed their logos were on the Mars based equipment? Who in real life
(besides the astronauts) would see that type of advertising? I guess they could
always have the "Mars-cam" on the internet or something to justify the placing
of the logos :-) I am very aware of product placement within movies. There were
a lot of shameless plugs in my opinion. What drink saves the day?  -  Dr.
Pepper!

Actually commercialization of space travel is probably the way to go. Most
things only get done when a justifiable cost return can be found.

-Duane