 Space / 1560
Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:15:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gene C. Weissinger writes:
Wow. If you disliked this movie for some of the reasons you listed - then
why do you go see anything on the bid screen that is SciFi? They all seem to
have these 'type' problems.
The movie is actually pretty decent in my opinion...

EC

It was more a combination of the reasons that I stated. I can overlook many
small things in a movie, because a person has to suspend reality in many
aspects to truly enjoy many sci-fi movies. I enjoy sci-fi, even a lot of the
cheesy "B" movies, but I went to this movie with an expectation that just
wasn't met.

There were four of us that saw the movie together. Three of us wished that we
could have our money back, the fourth thought it was only OK. All four of us
did agree that the movie was a good concept, but that it could have been done
better. It seemed to me that the director was trying to elicit emotional

-Duane