 Space / 1587
Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
And then, after reading about it in this group, I think Barbara and I will see
it.  Heck, we laughed all the way through _Lost World_, and rolled on the
floor with painful spasms of chuckle-induced fever through _Armageddon_, so
we'll probably get a kick out of this one.  Thanks!  :-,

This is how I get my kicks.

More often than not, its more fun to heckle the film, tv show, radio program,
etc., than to just accept at face value what is being tendered as
entertainment.

I don't understand how most media concerns fail to understand that we are
indeed laughing at them and not just nodding our heads in blissful
acquiescence!  I guess the last to go will be the "evening news," which
sometimes even to me feels like substantive "facts" rather than what I know it
to be in a calmer moment -- "emotion mongering."  What I hate is the
representation of almost facts...

MST3K, anyone?

-- Richard (whenever someone does that wide-eyed look, you shout out: "I'm
sitting in something wet!")