 Space / 1567
Re: (Movie) Mission to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:46:44 GMT

Well, I saw the movie on Friday as well, and it was really bad. I saw
the young actor, who was in sliders, on Fox news Thursday, after my
surgery, and he said it was endorsed by NASA, and there wasn't any silly
sci-fi stuff in it. Last time I believe the actors. I heard about it,
but never read a review or anything.  It seemed decent at the beginning,
but when the face stone thing came up, the DNA molecule transmission,
and the nauseating hold hands around the earth and sing koombaya (SP?)
just made me want to blow up the screen.

The ship was interesting, but the physics, and the just plain stupid
actions that most of the crew have taken was horrible. I for one, would
have never ventured into that stone face without a whole crew, or at
least a whole bunch of other people in it.

Well, I think it is another reason to have private enterprises take over
space exploration, if NASA thinks this is what is going to happen. I
think the first contracts will be to clean up all the orbiting space
junk around earth, and I am sure the company is going to make some money
off it. And stop paying Russia to launch the space station parts we paid
for in the first place while we're at it!

Scott "Urked at Mission to Mars and NASA" S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html