 Space / 11527
Re: Pics! Can it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:43:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:
The real life pics always look better.  Period.

Both of these are wonderful models, and I like your pilots.  I never liked
either of those torsos very much, but now I see the problem is that I hadn't
seriously considered putting more appropriately-colored arms on them.

I like to mix and match my minifigs. I'll have to upload some pics of my
currect space 'lineup'. I've got some really neat pilots that haven't been
used in anything yet. ;)

The ReefSpeeder cockpit is really neat too.  It's great to see ships that
open up in unusual ways.

Heh, actually haveing the cockpit *open* was an afterthought, and the upper
part is pretty much fixed in place. I never plan these things, they just
fall into place on their own! :D

Whatsit -
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8092

This could also be a nanofig-scale ship.  I love little highly-detailed
things like this.

Thanks! This is another one of those 'just happened' things. Brian and I
plan on doing more co-op stuff like this.

Toad -
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8094

Useless is in the eye of the beholder.  "Hard to use" would be more
accurate.  This thing has a really cool, beefy look.  I have one nit,
though- the dino hip holes in the rear could have been great mounts for
rear/side turrets or extra engines.  And you left them empty!

I played around with that, but couldn't really find anything that didn't
interfere with the piece itself. I love it's color patterns, and that
indented sunburst thing. Just decided to leave it empty on this one. :)

In any case, all 4 of these are great.

Thanks!

---SteveR