 Space / 11522
Re: Pics! Can it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:30:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Runnels writes:
Yup. I finally got around to taking pics of these MOCS that have been
sitting here collecting dust for some time now. These were actually supposed
to be for the Hoverthing contest, and were done well in time, but of course,
I sat on my butt and didn't get the pics taken in time.

ReefSpeeder - You may have seen this one in dat form some time ago. The real
life pics just look so much better. :D
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8089
Tweety - Just a cool little hover jet.  me likes...
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8090

The real life pics always look better.  Period.

Both of these are wonderful models, and I like your pilots.  I never liked
either of those torsos very much, but now I see the problem is that I hadn't
seriously considered putting more appropriately-colored arms on them.

The ReefSpeeder cockpit is really neat too.  It's great to see ships that
open up in unusual ways.

Whatsit - My friend Brian made some little who knows what.  I took it and
turned it into something even more weird... Looks like some sort of Anime
style probe or recon something-a-nother.
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8092

This could also be a nanofig-scale ship.  I love little highly-detailed
things like this.

Toad - After getting ahold of a few dino sets I decided to build this. Yeah,
like "deciding to build it" is all it took. :\ It was a pain to get some of
the parts together the way I wanted them...  Also it was sort of in protest
to poeple *cough*Muffinhead*cough* saying how useless the dino pieces were. :D
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8094

Useless is in the eye of the beholder.  "Hard to use" would be more
accurate.  This thing has a really cool, beefy look.  I have one nit,
though- the dino hip holes in the rear could have been great mounts for
rear/side turrets or extra engines.  And you left them empty!

In any case, all 4 of these are great.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com