 Space / 11507
Re: Pics! Can it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Johann writes:
--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8089

This is such a sweet design. Very shark-like. You captured the feel of the sea
quite well. Why do I have the sudden urge to eat seafood? Hmmm...better than the
urge to eat ABS, I think....

Thanks. Before this I had been wanting to do a whole array of ships inspired
by aquatic animals. I still want to do the Hammerhead Shark capital ship
though. ;)

--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8090

I have to respect any model that can pull off yellow at the primary color and
still make the details stand out.

This one is actually my favorite. Prolly need to see it in person to
appreciate all the sculpting that I put into it. Also, I'm a speed freak so
I'm sure that has something to do with it. :D

--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8092

Nice! I'm still trying to figure out where you'd seat the minifig, but if it
isn't meant to do that, then all the better.

Yeah, it's just some sort of remote drone or something. Like I know... :\

--- http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8094

I'll agree with you there, Steve. The dino sets make for fine hoverthings as
shown on my orn Organica:
http://members.home.net/legomecha/lego/spacehoverorganica.html
I built it with the same idea in mind-to show off the usefulness of the dino
parts. You took it a step further, and incorporated some of the ideas I was
toying with a while back (the tan tail part placement, and wrap around tail
parts, for example). These are not the easiest parts to use in MOCs, as they
just don't have the feel we are all used to, but eventually the curves just
'look right' once you play around with them long enough. Excellent tank-like
design and a great use of the LOM/Dino blue/grey parts.

Whoa, that's purrty cool. I wanted to use the fins on mine but couldn't find
a place that looked 'natural'. I LOVE the sand blue color! It's much more
usefull than light blue IMO.

Great Job, Steve!

-Dave

Thanks!