 Space / 1046
Re: LEGO box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:46:25 GMT

Ron Atkinson wrote in message ...
I believe the box are useless but one question come up. If I want to sell
that Lego Model in the future and will most lego fan prefer the parts in • the
box or just send parts in a zip sandwich bag?

Having the box will generally make it easier to sell a set later, and you
will generally get more for it.

I keep all the boxes for sets which I don't break down for parts to be sold.
I flatten all the boxes except the largest ones which don't flatten (I store
the smaller set boxes and inserts etc. in those). Currently I even save the
little plastic "neat parts" display trays (and the plastic sheet which
covers them). I'm inclined to ditch those however.

I can see myself at some point selling some of the sets (especially if bulk
purchasing really gives us all we need, there are some sets which I have
really only bought for a few parts).

follow-ups to lugnet.storage

Frank