 FAQ / 780
Re: LEGO box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:28:46 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"Z" <leahy@concentric.net> writes:
In lugnet.faq, Ron Atkinson writes:
Is there any reason to keep Lego box?

I don't think there's a reason to.  The boxes are useless.  The LEGO
parts are what are useful.  I don't know why so many people keep useless
LEGO boxes; they're good for keeping the parts in place at the store,
but once buy it, the box has served its purpose, and is useless, right?

If the box has reasonably strong walls (eg, a big set like 8880 or 6982)
I often cut off the flip-top and use the box for sorting/storage.  The
smaller trays from medium size boxes are also good for storage.
--Bram

I can see why someone would use a large one for storage.  What I think is odd
is that people sometimes collect the boxes.  LEGO boxes just don't seem like
the right material for a collection [especially if you never use the pieces
[LEGO stuff is for building, not for dust collecting]]  Those strong ones are
useful, I agree.