 Storage / 445
Re: LEGO box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:22:33 GMT

Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote in message
news:20000117.150709.5095.0.braml@juno.com...
"Selçuk <teyyareci>" <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> writes:
Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote in message
If the box has reasonably strong walls (eg, a big set like 8880 or
6982) I often cut off the flip-top and use the box for • sorting/storage.
The smaller trays from medium size boxes are also good for storage.
--Bram

This was exactly what I'm doing till my collection was about
10000-12000 pieces, then it was a must to changed the storage into
a stackable drawer system.

I'm at ~35,000 pieces, and the boxes work fine, but then again, there's
an entire room in my house pretty much dedicated to LEGO.  I have about

That's the trick..:-) I live in an apartment flat with a living room plus
two other rooms. One is used as our bedroom, and other one (10m2 approx.) is
used for any other thing (4 bookcases, 2 computers with their desks, some
other stuff and Lego). I can send you a small pic of that room to share my
pain if you want..:-) Actually I use some boxes for storage, too. A 6332 box
for big technic wheels, an 1106 box for base plates, a 6560 box for regular
2x bricks. I also utilize four of compartmented plastic suitcases (like the
USians famous Plano boxes) for technic itty-bitties and minifig accesories.
There are also several custom boxes (computer hardware and woman underwear
boxes(1) for rarely used parts like minifigs, windshiedls, space wheels, big
spuds (boat hulls, BURPs, etc.), animals and plants, small technic and
freestyle wheels. All the other stuff are sorted(2) into a stackable drawer
system, which has in 3 diffrently sized drawers

eight stackable large plastic containers about the size of LEGO tubs, two
tubs, two smaller Tupperware containers (without lids) and a bunch of
various size cardboard boxes.  (I left the Technic plastic trays in some
of the boxes--works great for pins, gears, etc.)  When you cut the
flip-tops off of large sets, you get a large cardboard folder--I use
these to store instruction booklets. 5561 is for Technic and Model Team;
a few cardboard-paged, yarn-bound books have 1-sheet-instructions stapled
in; and 5571 is for everything else.
--Bram

I save my instruction books and catalogs in a way that could be found a
rather harsh by many others. I separate them page by page (if they are A4,
A5 or similar sized), then  insert each page to a separate nylon sheet
protector, then  insert all the protectors into hard cover binders,
considering their size (A4 and A5), catalogs to green binders, instructions
to red binders..:-) Any extra copy of any printed media is stored as it is
for possible catalog trades.

Selçuk

(1) Toys inside boxes having pictures of women (in lingerie that barely
covers their bodies) of top is quite strange, but they are just nicely sized
and strong enough to do job. Hey, "A" in AFOL stands for "adult", isn't
it?..:-)

(2) Sorted by considering shape, color, and amount.