 FAQ / 785
Re: LEGO box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:32:00 GMT

Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote in message news:FoHy7y.Ivz@lugnet.com...
I can see why someone would use a large one for storage.  What I think is • odd
is that people sometimes collect the boxes.  LEGO boxes just don't seem • like
the right material for a collection [especially if you never use the • pieces
[LEGO stuff is for building, not for dust collecting]]  Those strong ones • are
useful, I agree.

I use my bricks for building, and I never put any set aside from the other
pile of bricks and I only use 3-4 of the bigger boxes as storage for not
frequently used parts (spuds, big wheels, baseplates, etc.) but I save all
the boxes that I have. I'm generally intended to buy sets online without
boxes, even if they were MISB, to minimize the postage fee, though. Why I'm
saving the boxes then? I don't know exactly. Maybe just I can't stand to get
rid of anything Lego..:-) I'm also aware that the reselling value of Lego is
higher when offered with its box. I will never sell my legos in anyway other
then a real must (like losting my job, or suffering from a disaster, etc.)
though.

Actually it's getting a rather big problem to store them, actually to make
my wife believe that they must be saved..:-)

Selçuk