 Robotics / Spybotics / *136 (-20)
  Re: Spybotics Programmable Controller Internals

(...) and see if there is any need to continue my project. Steven (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Programmable Controller Internals

(...) There are two .pdf files in the LegoMindstorms 2.5 SDK that have tons of information on the Spybotics. One is the LASM bytecodes and the other gives a ROM overview of the mission system. The SDK can be found at the following link: (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) I like that idea. In fact, I've just recently discovered BimP. I'm working on some NQC ideas as well as missions created through the Spybots program. I must say I'm a bit surprised that there isn't more activity on Spybots since it appears (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Can't run software

We got our first Spybotic for Christmas and we've been unable to run the software program. When we try to run it we get the following message: Problem detected! A terminal error has occured in your program. Shut down all other running programs and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) I too was sad to find that there were not any additional missions posted on the web site. I have Ralph Hempel's book (buy it if you don't have it...it's good stuff) and he also describes how to create and share missions. I think this ability (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics Programmable Controller Internals

In my free time (yeah...sure Steven) I have begun a little project. It will require the assistance of this group, so if you have some time please visit: (URL) offer some feedback and assistance by responding to this post or e-mailing me at (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC 2.5 a4 released

(...) Sorry, there was a problem with the Mac OS X and Win32 builds. The source release is fine, but the executables were bad. I did a complete rebuild of the executables and have updated the web site ((URL) The new executables have the same version (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  user created programs

Now that my vacation has finally started, I'm getting a chance to pour over the Spybots available documentation ( the actual PC program plus the information found in the 2.5 SDK). What an incredible device this little toy seems to be, so ripe with (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

I have noticed that they do interfer - mostly just 'blocking' signals from one or another. I haven't done any experimenting with changing frequencies on the spybots or tried to work around tis problem. I would still get a remote for the RCX - it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC 2.5 a4 released

I have been working a little bit on Spybotics support in NQC. There is a new version of NQC and some updated documentation at: (URL) information about Spybotics can be found here: (URL) Baum (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Controller channels

Happy New Year! "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cmg41vg5glds3ci...4ax.com... (...) We had a roadshow in town and they ran some "battle" with the 4 different spybots at the same time. I think they covered one of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

Happy New Year! (again) "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dpg41vcgltkjmnk...4ax.com... (...) A lot of infrared "in the air" certainly conflicts, because there are no IR-channels. A pair LED and transistor work in a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX remote and Spybotics

Will the RCX remote control conflict with the IR signals from the Spybotics controller? I don't have a remote control, but I'd like to get one for my RCX so I can build my own style bot to compete with my kids, but I want to make sure my remote will (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Controller channels

Is it possible to have 4 independent Spybots at one time? The literature I've read talks about channels 1-3 on the remote and Lego's own FAQ only gives instructions for setting channels 1-3. This is probably my answer, but I'm looking for solutions (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

Yes, to my amazement, both the Manas and Spybotics were packaged in this manner (in the U.S. at least). I can't fathom what on Earth they were thinking when they came up with this packaging scheme. The controllers that came with the Manas were badly (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Packaging!

Merry Xmas! We just unpacked a spybotic and some other LEGO. I am really upset about the way LEGO is packaging new stuff. We have a box here, with loose content, just filling 1/3 of the box. The "expensive" devices not even packed in some (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) With the latest release of Brixcc, you have the ability to control the spybot. I sent commands to the spybot from Bricxx, but havent' gotten to the point of actually sending commands from the RCX to the Spybot--been a little busy lately. That (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) I'm no expert here, but I hate to see questions go unanswered. I believe you can use the same NQC commands to send messages to and from the spybot as used in the standard RCX. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

Having read the messages in the various newsgoups, I must admit I'm a little puzzled. I've seen a lot of discussion about IR communication, but I don't think I have a straight answer. I have an RCX, a Scout, and some Spybotics under the Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact