 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 394
Re: NQC 2.1 b2 in beta test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:01:25 GMT

Uwe Denzer wrote:

Ben Laurie wrote:

You are wrong. The precedent, naturally, is C, coz NQC, isn't quite,
err, C. Backslash _is_ the escaping character in C, even on Windoze. So,
to write \a\b\c as a correct C string (yes, even a VC++ one), you have
to write "\\a\\b\\c", and if you want to use UNC it gets worse, e.g.
"\\\\yourmachine\\mount\\a\\b\\c".

I don't deny that this is the way C does it.

But nevertheless, when you pass parameters *on the Win command line*, shouldn't you
follow the behavior that is de-facto standard (even if "incorrect" from a C view)
for *that* OS, irresepective of which language he is using for his code generation?

Absolutely! I guess I misunderstood.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html